Most Recent Additions
Easy Spelling Aid is a tool to help you spell problematic words. Simply touch the microphone button, say the word or phrase, and receive the correct spelling, displayed in your chosen writing style. The software is designed to recognize a variety of accents and is fine-tuned to pick up on children’s voices. Easy Spelling Aid is suitable for students of all ages.
Easy Spelling Aid Benefits:
- Improves literacy performance and spelling
- Helps with comprehension and vocabulary
- Gives children and adults alike a quick and easy way to find out the spelling of a word without relying on a parent or teacher. As a result, creative thought processes are interrupted less often, allowing for greater creative flow
- Helps children learn homophones and understand word usage by using context to determine the correct spelling of a word
- Assists children and students to become independent writers
- Develops recognition and correct spelling of words in their appropriate context (for example, they’re, their, there)
- Features a History Log with saved spelling results, including translations
Originally a story book (available on Amazon here), Blue Hat, Green Hat is an application for iPad and tablets that introduces kids to early reading skills in a way that keeps them learning and laughing. The interactive ebook, designed for ages 5 and under, lets users dress an animated turkey and see him and his friends go on silly adventures. As a user drags an article of clothing and places it on the turkey, the clothing’s description is displayed on the screen, highlighted, and read aloud. For example, if a red hat is dragged onto the turkey’s head, the phrase “red hat” will appear on the screen and each word will be highlighted individually as the narrator speaks. After the turkey is dressed and ready to go, the child can get a laugh out of manipulating the character’s adventure with the touch of the “OOPS!” button. The ebook also comes with the choice to take away the narrative voice so users can have a hand at reading through the ebook by his or herself.
The interactive ebook Blue Hat, Green Hat is available at the Google Play store and AppStore.Android
SightWords free and printable materials are designed to promote learning in the classroom and also at home. They have recently introduced a great new curriculum for teaching Phonemic Awareness (also called Pre-Phonics) to children.
The site's features include:
- A Curriculum covering the full range of Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
- Classroom-tested Lessons based on the latest research, complete with “how-to” videos
- Printable picture cards, word lists, and game boards
- Teaching Tips for tailoring games to the specific needs of your students
Ghotit Real Writer assists people with dyslexia and dysgraphia in their English writing and text correction.
The application corrects badly spelled words, confused words, homophones, grammar, and punctuation like no other writing assistance tool and offers advanced word prediction with grammar and phonetics awareness capabilities.
The main features:
- Phonetic and context-sensitive spell checker;
- Word-Prediction with grammar and phonetics awareness;
- Quick-Spell Word-Prediction with instant correction for creative/phonetic writers;
- Advanced grammar and punctuation corrector;
- Effective proofreader;
- Speak as you write (speech feedback);
- Reading assistance with dual highlighting;
- Independent text editor;
- Importing and sharing of text with other iPad applications;
- Integrated dictionaries;
- US, UK, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African English dictionaries;
- AirPrint compatible.iPad
Write in Style is every writer’s best friend. Smart text prediction helps you write in selectable styles, fast and without typos. Writers and bloggers can write in the style of their favorite authors. How would Jane Austen finish this sentence? How would the president phrase the next few words? Write in Style has the answers!
Write in Style combines the gray text suggestions known from search engines with the simplicity of a free text area. As you write, the next few words are always predicted and laid out in front of you. Arrow keys help you find fitting alternatives and when you’re done, you can export the text directly to your email or wherever you need it.
The best thing is that you can select from a variety of topics, styles and languages to get suggestions fitting your needs:
Available styles: W. Shakespeare, J. Austen, F. Nietzsche, F. Kafka, A. Dumas
Available languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Catalan, Danish
Available topics: Political Speech, Basic.
Promptoo...The Actor's Toolkit. Bringing the actor's script into the 21st century.
The app help actors to read and learn a script in a more time effective way, specialising in the needs of actors suffering from reading disabilities such as Dyslexia, Aspergers, Autism and Irlen Syndrome, to help neutralise their difficulties with reading, learning and rehearsing text.
Promptoo is a valuable aid for any actor, it allows you to customise the entire script; from changing each characters font to adding notes, Promptoo can even read out your script, making learning and rehearsing on your own an easier task.iPhone
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Created by a doctor to help his son learn to read, this multi-book adventure starts with a few simple words on each page. Gradually the simplistic cartoon façade falls away to reveal a thought-provoking plot that champions loyalty and determination. You can also download books 2 and 3.iPad
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Requires iOS 7.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
This app is a web browser that allows the user to change the style of web pages to make them easier to read. The user can change the background color, fonts, text size, and more.iPhone
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Also compatible with Android devices 2.2 and up.
This app teaches children how to form simple sentences from a series of scattered words.Android
Compatible with Android devices 4.0 and up.
Use this fun flash card app to learn new words and new languages—all while having fun. Available languages are English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Hindi, Arabic, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Czech, and Thai.Android